A Thorough List of Sharps and Flats (I Hope)--Including Weird Notes Like Fb



I play the flute and recorder.  I try to play the clarinet, and some days I actually manage to make a sound that doesn't sound like a dying cow.

For a long time, most music that I played stayed within the realms of what I had learned in beginning band.  Then I started playing the recorder.  After graduating from Beginning Recorder, I started ordering other music books for recorder.  Many of these music books cater exclusively to Disney songs.

There are three things you need to know if you plan to play the recorder or have your kid start on the recorder.

1)  Most recorder music is an abbreviated version of the song rather than the song in its entirety.

2)  As a general rule, I do not recommend for a beginner to start out playing Disney songs.  They are extremely difficult.

3)  I would highly recommend that if you do play Disney songs, learn your sharps and flats--even the ones that people don't believe exist.

Okay, #3 is probably puzzling you.  What did I mean by that?

Well, most of us, when we learn an instrument, learn common sharps and flats like C# and Ab.  Most songs stick to the commonly used sharps and flats.  However, some classical composers--and Disney composers--like to throw in a few of the rarer notes like Fb or Cb.  You will probably never see these notes listed in a beginner's music book.  So rarely are they seen, some people don't even believe they exist...like aliens.

In this video, I listed all the sharps and flats (or I hope I have)...including some of the weird notes like Fb and Cb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIMCr8rtIY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Babylonian Deity: A Harry Potter/Sinister Crossover Fan Fiction Story

Review of Lego Star Wars Boba Fett Alarm Clock

Review of Disney's Cinderella's Fairy Godmother 12" Doll