Review of Disney's Tangled Mother Gothel Doll



PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Recommended Age:  3+

Produced by:  The Disney Store

Made in China

Original Price:  $14.95

UPC:  NB1446070755273660

Doll Height:  11 1/2 Inches

Hair Color:  Black

Eye Color:  Green

Box Contents:  One doll with black cape, glittery red dress with a sash and buckle, painted on underwear, and maroon shoes.

Doll Movement:  Doll cannot stand on her own.  Head can move side to side and nod.  Arms can move to side and up and down.  She bends at elbows and hands.  Legs move to the side and up and down. Her right knee bends slightly.  Doll can sit.
______________________________________________________



I had liked the movie Tangled okay, but it didn't leave much an impression on me.  I've taken an interest into repainting dolls, and Mother Gothel interested me at the time because I was thinking what a great Bellatrix Lestrange she would make.  True, she doesn't look like Helena Bonham Carter--but she looks like what I'd expect the character Bellatrix would look like--a heavily lidded woman with dark hair, a little bit too thin, but a hint of her former beauty.  The doll was also cheap enough, particularly when I bought her on sale--so if I messed up, it wouldn't be a tragedy like it would be if I tried to remake the Fairy Godmother doll, which was based on Helena Bonham Carter.



I didn't wind up going through with my plans.  There were several reasons.  I got a Gentle Giant bust of Bellatrix Lestrange, and I was satisfied with that.  I also got a lot of cheap Barbie dolls to practice on.  Mother Gothel, though, just started to grow on me.



The one thing I was disappointed with was the hair.  It was a perfect Bellatrix 'do in that there was a lot of it and it was wild.  However, the hair is a woolly type yarn--commonly the sort of hair used with African American dolls.  I keep Mother Gothel in a display case most of the time to keep her from getting dusty--comb or wash this hair at your own risk!



The outfit is nice.  The black cape can be removed.  It has a VELCRO tab on the front.  The glittery red dress does tend to rub off its glitter but not its coloring.  It too has VELCRO tabs in the back.  The dress is fitted and shows off a nice figure--and maybe that is why I had the urge to undress the doll.  I'm not normally a doll perv, and my dolls usually keep their clothes on...though it seems to me as a general rule, dolls are nudists at heart.



The doll has these sexy, though they look like they would be uncomfortable, maroon high heels.  Very ridiculous shoes to wear if walking through the grass to a tower you keep your adopted daughter locked in, and certainly not good for climbing!  Mother Gothel, though, being the vain creature she is was probably thinking about more how good they look than practicality.  The doll can't stand on her own, particularly with the heels.  The soft vinyl they are using to make these dolls makes them very hard to prop up while standing.



She has painted on underwear.  Clothes removed, she turned out to be a very sexy doll.  She is very pose-able.





In the picture, the doll looks more pale than she really is.  Mother Gothel isn't white like a Goth girl.  She has a nice peachy complexion.  However, aside from that, she definitely could be a lingerie model.


You may notice in the above picture that she has "tattooing" across her back.  It is a long alphanumeric number.




I have to admit I just really enjoy posing this doll.  I think I might make her a fashion doll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Babylonian Deity: A Harry Potter/Sinister Crossover Fan Fiction Story

Review of Lego Star Wars Boba Fett Alarm Clock

Review of Disney's Cinderella's Fairy Godmother 12" Doll